Flashback

This is a picture of the Thespian Society of Levelland High School, circa 1998. That's me, third from the right, second row. I still wear my sunglasses on my head, still color my hair a shade called Ebony Mocha and am still partial to horizontal stripes (even if they aren't flattering). Perhaps I haven't made as much progress since I was 16 as I thought. Hmm. The good news is that I no longer paint my fingernails black or have braces. (That may be changing.)

The guy I'm touching was my best friend. I haven't seen or heard from him in something like 8 years, but I remember exactly how that sweater felt. I'm posting this mostly because I know that Amanda (and probably Whitney) will get a kick out of it. See the guy, bottom left? He was totally in love with Amanda for years. (You did know that, didn't you Amanda?)

6 comments:

Whitney said...

No, not David... in love with Amanda? Who'd have thunk???? This picture is hilarious. I can't remember the kids name to the left of Billy. And, who is in the jersey next to Christy? Everybody else is at least ringing a bell. Keep 'em coming if you've got them!

Whitney said...

Oh, and I think Bill is on myspace or facebook one. I talked to his mom at the nursing home in Levelland last year.

☆Susan☆ said...

Yes, David, in love with Amanda. He probably still is. The guy in the jersey is Nick Taylor, who I crushed on for months. The guy next to Billy is Kyle something, I think. Bill is on both Myspace and Facebook. He's on my Myspace friends list, but never replies to anything I send him. He made his feelings pretty clear the last time I saw him that he didn't want contact. I was shocked when he friended me on Myspace. Okay, the comment is now officially longer than the post. :p

Terroni said...

Where's Amanda? I was looking forward to her thoughts on the David matter...

☆Susan☆ said...

I'm looking forward to them too. I don't know where she is. She hasn't posted a blog or comment in weeks. I'll email her.

Amanda said...

HA! :) Memories!!
It's so much fun to look back at old pictures and remember those crazy high school times. I didn't get in on the Thespian action until I was a junior. I still remember initiation! lol
Do you seriously think Amanda didn't know how head over heels he was for her?!?!? :) Everyone else did.