Resolutions

I'm not very good at this. I don't actually remember what my resolutions for last year were, although I'm sure I posted them on my blog. This year I'm giving myself a break. I'm keeping the resolutions simple and vague.

1. Lose weight. Not a specific number of pounds, just in general. This way, at the end of the year, if I haven't actually lost any, or (heaven forbid) I've gained some, I can go on a crash diet for a week, lose 3 pounds and say that I succeeded. Tricksy, no?

2. Stop being bothered. I'm taking a break from feeling like everything matters so much. If it's not going to matter in a year, if it's not life threatening, I'm just not going to dwell on it. Since I'm a stress eater, I suspect that this will assist me in achieving resolution #1. It will also make the lives of people close to me so much easier. There will be no more fit throwing if the top I wanted to wear is dirty or my face is broken out or the phone doesn't ring when I expect it to. I'm just going to take a deep breath and let it go.

3. This one is more concrete. I want to finish an afghan by the end of the year. And if I don't...I'll probably have forgotten that I said that anyway.

4. See more movies in theaters. Since I only saw 5 movies in theater last year, this should be easy...and fun!

I just went back and looked at my blog from January 2008, and as it turns out, I didn't post resolutions. The beginning of the year last year was so hard, with my grandmother being sick and then her death, a family friend's death, as well as some other personal crises, that it just didn't seem important. Which brings me to:

G.I.S.T. 41:365

1. Perspective.

Wage a battle against embitterment and take part in 365 Days of Grace in Small Things.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love those resolutions! I need to do some!!!

Annabel said...

Susan,
I just wanted to confirm that you'll be able to judge congress tomorrow. We have exactly the number of judges we need with you judging. Also, if you could send me your phone number via email, that would be great!
Thanks!
Jennifer