Damn

Looks like we're going to have to move after all. Our new landlord, my ex-brother-in-law, has decided to raise the rent from $176 to $435 a month. We expected him to raise it some to cover insurance, but not that much and frankly, that's just too much for a house without a shower that is wired to ignite at any moment. So, we've found a place 2 doors down from my dad and step-mom that has about as much room, an extra bathroom, and neighbors who are not druggies. I'm not entirely sure how I feel yet about living that close to my family, it has good and bad points, but I think it will be fine.

We're working days this week, as we are in a training class. I'm hoping that the new computer system that we are learning will stave off the burn-out that I've been feeling for awhile. I just really don't know how much longer I can take it. Justin and I are looking for new jobs now. Justin has a couple of pretty good leads, but so far the best I've been able to find is substituting the next school year. Maybe I can hold on until August.

We do have some very good news on top of all the yuck. My step-dad, James, has gotten a new pick up and he and my mom are giving his old truck (a 1998 Nissan something), to Justin. This will make our lives much easier. Now we can find work at seperate places and in a couple of semesters, all of Justin's classes will be one town over, so he'll need some way to get over there. We're flying down to College Station in a few weeks to pick it up and drive it back, assuming that we can get moved etc. in time. We're supposed to be out of this house by June 1st. I'm hoping that we can fly down to College Station on June 14.

So, that's the news for now. More as and when.

1 comment:

Annabel said...

The Canyon speech job is open again. 4 speech classes, one debate class, two conference periods (one of them is for being UIL coordinator).