Poor Little Dog!

So, our initial attempt at parenting, with our beagle mix, Maybe has been going well. We have now been proud poochie parents for 6 months and no one has died or lost any limbs. However, today I was walking Maybe and she got a sticker in her foot, which isn't unusual, considering that our front yard is a jungle. We stopped for a minute and I looked and couldn't see anything, so I figured that she had managed to get it out herself and we headed into the house. She continued to paw at her nose, so I grabbed her and couldn't find a sticker in her foot, but upon closer inspection found that in removing the sticker from her foot, she had gotten it stuck deeply in the roof of her mouth just behind her front teeth. Can you even imagine how much this hurt!? No wonder she didn't want clumsy me to mess with it! I did manage to get it out with my trusty eyebrow tweezers,(with Justin holding her down) but it still left a mean looking hole. Poor little Maybe!! Here's a picture of our happy baby:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor puppy! Mouth injuries heal quickly. She is a cutie!