Just So Everyone Knows


Justin is the greatest guy *ever*. He's loving and patient with me (anyone who knows me understands how difficult *that* can be). He's funny and sweet and really cute. I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have him, and I know that together, we can get through any badness that might creep in.

Last night, I drank a caffinated soda (devil!!), which I never do, and was awake all night long. I had to be at work at 9am. In spite of the fact that he was sleepy himself, he dragged himself out of bed and came to rub my back, pet my face and yes, even sing me a lullabye. Nothing worked of course, as I was in the grips of the caffine devil, but it's the thought that counts right? In any case, I drifted off around 5:30 this morning, and now I'm at work. It's going to be a very long day.

Tomorrow is my last day at the library. It still doesn't feel real. When I left the tax office in Canyon, it felt like a really life altering event. I anticipated it for months, and cried when I finally came to the last day. This just feels like...."eh." I realize that this is a very different circumstance. I understand that I've only been here 7 months and that I haven't bonded closely with anyone here, like I did over three years in Canyon, but I kind of expected to feel *something.* The apathy is very strange.

We're leaving on Wednesday or Thursday to go to Levelland for Christmas. Not sure which day for sure yet, I still have some holiday loose ends to tie up before we make the trip. I'll keep everyone up to date.

No comments: