Catching Up...


It's been awhile since my last post, I've just been busy, and out of town and well, just plain tired. Justin and I had a good time over Christmas with my family. We brought back a ton of fun stuff, which is now littering the floor in by bedroom, as I haven't had time to unpack or clean that particular space since we left. The living room, however, is still spotless. Hurray!

I started my new job on Monday. I filed for eight hours straight, which is not what my job is going to entail every day, but the person who's supposed to train me is on vacation this week. I really like the people there, everyone seems very nice and fun. It's the most laid back work environment I've ever been in. I also found out that I can have people arrested for disorderly conduct and/or obscenity in a public office if they're ugly to me while I'm working. Power. Yum.

I'm a little sick today. I always get sick after a visit to Levelland. I thought it might be the climate change, but I mostly suspect that it's because I'm allergic to the herd of dogs that reside in my dad's house. I sniffle and sneeze and pop benadryl for three days straight, and by the time I get home, my immunity to anything is shot, so I pick up the first sniffle that comes by.

Half the staff in my office is out this week, either on vacation or with the flu, but it's okay, because we've been really slow for the last few days.

Also, I discovered that the greatest invention in the world is a tension rod shelving unit for the shower. I've been coveting my parents' for months, and after watching my small suction cup container fall to the floor for the hundredth time, finally bought one for myself at Target on Monday. My shower has become my favorite room in the house. Everything looks so tidy and organized. Everyone should get a shower shelf.

No comments: