The Spirit of Thanksgiving?

I'm still at my parent's house for Thanksgiving. Amazingly, so far, everything has gone off without a hitch. Justin and I were a little late getting to Levelland last night, but only about half an hour.
I got to see my friend Patrick on Wednesday night for the first time since I moved to Denton. It was really nice. It's good to know that I have a friend that'll be around, even when I've been terrible at keeping in touch.
Justin met my mom for the first time today, and we were both really nervous, but, by some miracle of Thanksgiving, they seem to get along pretty well. Although, my mom did grill me a little later about the "nature of our relationship." I told her that he was my boyfriend. 'Nuff said.
Tonight for the first time, I managed to make Chex Party mix all by myself. It's so much better than the stuff that you get at the store, and I am absurdly proud of my accomplishment.
One more feast tomorrow, this one with my mother's family. Then, no more turkey for...well, about a month I guess. How come Americans feel compelled to stuff ourselves to the gills twice within a month? Thanksgiving should be in May. That way we'd have seven months to get over the food, I wouldn't be nervous about the seven pounds that the average American gains during the holidays. Oh well, back to the gym I gues.
We should be home Sunday night by about 5 or 6. Back to work on Monday. I can't believe my five day weekend is already half over. *sigh*

No comments: