Blue Christmas

December has been here for 2 weeks, it has overstayed it's welcome, and while I know it will go back where it came from eventually, 16 more days is not soon enough. This is the point in the year when, for one reason or another, I am mostly likely to want to throw myself off the nearest cliff. Luckily (or not) I don't really live in an area where there -are- any cliffs, so I suppose I'll have to tough it out. Again.
During last and first months of the year I spend a lot of time crying, starting fights and stomping around. When I'm properly medicated, there seems to be less crying and stomping, but it appears that the fight starting tradition is firmly in place. I can't think of a single person on the planet that isn't making me grind my teeth right now. My closest friends seem to be the primary targets for my general unpleasantness (Probably because they have the most exposure. Edginess is like skin cancer, apparently.), but it's not limited to them. I have to fight the urge to yell at clerks in stores, coworkers and the Internet. I have no idea what to do about it. Well, maybe one idea.
Can we just do away with December all together? We could move Christmas to a more pleasant month like April, and all just hibernate for 31 days. It would be even better if we could throw January into the mix too. Just shut the world down for a couple of months, let everybody catch up on their sleep and reality TV and then start all over in February.

There is no way I'm putting up a Christmas tree.

.

No comments: