Work, Work, Work

So this week was my first actual 3 day, 36 hour week, and the first week that I've done an entire week of the job that I was hired to do. I totally love it. Yesterday the woman that's training me called in and I was on my own. I thought that would be fine until all hell broke loose about an hour into the shift. The patient required a whole lot of stuff that I'd never done before. After a small bout of panic, I got some help from down the hall and now I know how to do all that stuff, and I don't think there's anything that I really won't be able to handle anymore.

Next week I don't have to be at work until 8am on Monday. It's so weird, looking forward to getting to sleep until 7. Then I have two 12 hour days and one more 8 hour day. After that, I'll be on my real, oh thank god it's nighttime, schedule. So, that's the update. The thing is, yesterday was a long, stressful day. I took one 15 minute break in a 12 hour shift, but I didn't feel worn down by that. Sure, I was bone tired at the end of the day, but I left still feeling like I love my job. I don't know if I've ever felt like that about a job before, and it's really, really nice.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

it makes SUCH a difference when you love your job! I am SOOOO glad!!