Justin and I have been married for three years today. Here's how we manage to get through it:
1. Justin puts up with my idiosyncrasies better than anyone else ever has. And there are a lot of them, and a lot of them that I know are really hard on him. He's tougher than most, let me tell you.
2. He understands my need (and seems to have the same) for my own space.
3. When I'm feeling bluesy, Justin dances around and sings silly songs to make me smile. Sometimes, he even manages to get a laugh.
4. I -know- that he loves me. There are lots of people who probably do love me (some of them only because they have to), but Justin is the only person who I know is a sure thing.
5. He indulges my need to go into stores, put a dozen things in the cart and then change my mind and leave without actually buying anything.
6. He thinks I work much harder than I do, which will be useful for when I'm actually working very hard and need someone to appreciate that.
7. He lets me tickle him mercilessly until he screams 'Whooo!!'
8. He encourages my addictions to shoes, books, diet soda and fancy cheeses.
9. He thinks I'm beautiful.
10. He does his own laundry most of the time.
11. He works very hard at school so that, soon, we will be able to live a better life in a city that I love, even though he can be happy pretty much anywhere.
12. He loves my family and thinks of them as his own.
13. He doesn't mind driving me places that I'm perfectly capable of driving to myself, because he knows that it scares me.
14. He lets me be who I am.
I love you Justin. I know that I'm difficult, and exhausting, and intense; I'm so grateful that you're willing to put up with these things (and sooo much more). Thank you for wanting to keep me enough to make it legal.