Political Survey

Someone sent me this on Myspace, and I'm sharing my answers here. It was originally titled "The Controversial Survey" but I don't think it's all that controversial. To me, the answers are obvious.

01] Do you have the guts to answer these questions and re-post as The Controversial Survey?
Definitely.


[02] Would you do meth if it was legalized?
No, it makes your face ugly and your teeth fall out. I'm a pretty big fan of teeth.


[03] Abortion: for or against it?
Let's get this straight right now. No one is FOR abortion. It's an awful thing for any woman to be faced with. Now, do I believe that it's the right choice sometimes, and do I believe in the right of a woman to choose what's right for her body and her life? Wholeheartedly YES.


[04] Do you think the world would fail with a female president?
There are plenty of female presidents in the world, Chile, Brazil, Ireland, New Zealand, Germany, India and plenty more have female leaders. As for the United States, I think the best leader for the country right now is Barack Obama.



[05] Do you believe in the death penalty?
No. I understand that taking the life of a killer will not bring his victims back and rarely gives the family closure. I also am aware that 94 people have been executed in the US who have later been cleared of any wrongdoing. Even one is too many.


[06] Do you think marijuana should be legalized?
Actually, yes. I believe that it would be a stable tax base in an economy that's failing rapidly. I also think that it would free up jails for people who commit actual crimes, and save counties money in the long run since they would no longer have to prosecute people for marijuana use/sales.



[07] Are you for or against premarital sex?
Definitely
for. I certainly wouldn't buy a pair of jeans without trying them on first, why on earth would I commit the rest of my life to a person without knowing if we were sexually compatible or not?



[08] Do you think same sex marriage should be legalized?
Absolutely. I don't understand the argument that same sex marriage defiles the sanctity of marriage. You know what defiles the sanctity of marriage? DIVORCE. If people are willing to work so hard to be granted the same rights as everyone else, chances are they'll take marriage more seriously than people who have always been able to get married.


[09] Do you think it's wrong that so many Hispanics are illegally moving to the USA?
I think it's unfortunate that our immigration policies make it so difficult for people who want to be here to come here legally.



[10] A twelve year old girl gets pregnant, should she keep it?
She certainly should not. At this point I would give my child two options: adoption or abortion. There are plenty of families out there who would be happy to have, and better able to raise that child.



[11] Should the drinking age be lowered to 18?
No, and here's why: the laws about alcohol are in place for a reason, it's not
because we don't want 18 year-olds to have fun, it's because the body is not able to properly process alcohol at 18. Furthermore, the brain is still developing until 23. If anything, the drinking age should be raised to 23. Also, as for the argument that if an 18 year old can fight a war he can have a beer, that's ridiculous. The age that it's possible to enlist in the military should also be raised to 23. Teenagers should not be fighting in wars. And until the brain is fully developed, they should not be allowed to make that sort of life altering decision.



[12] Should the war in Iraq be called off?
Yes. It's ridiculous that we're still there just because our current leader finds it impossible to say the words "I was wrong." The war has destroyed our economy, taken the lives of thousands of soldiers (and civilians) on both sides and brought us to this current dead end. We should not be involved in another country's civil war. We wanted Saddam Hussein out of power, and he is. Now we should get out of there.



[13] Assisted suicide is illegal do you agree?
I agree that it's illegal, (except in Oregon). I do not agree that it should be. People shouldn't be made to suffer when they are no longer able to live their lives.



[14] Do you believe in spanking your children?
I believe that it's okay to swat a child, once, on their bottom, preferably with a flyswatter, to get their attention, I don't believe in spanking as a punishment. It's been proven not to work, and I don't think it's okay to tell a child not to hit, and then hit them. Teach by example.


[15] Would you burn an American flag for a million dollars?
Sure. It's just cloth, and most likely made in China. Flag burning isn't always political.



[16] Who do you think would make a better president? McCain or Obama?
Obama, obviously.

[17] Do you think Obama will be killed?
I suspect that there will probably be an assassination attempt by some racist, but I'm also pretty sure that he'll have more security detail than any other president we've ever had.



[18] Should child predators be forced to wear signs identifying themselves?
We have to be very careful about how we punish people convicted of sex crimes. Very frequently someone has "sex with a minor" on their record because they slept with their 15 year old girlfriend when they were 18 and her parents didn't like it. That said, if they are an actual pedophile, I'm pro chemical castration.



[19] Are you afraid others will judge you from reading some of your answers?
I can't imagine that anyone who knows me would be surprised by any of my answers. Judge all you want.


No comments: