Poked and Prodded

Today I went to HR to fill out the applicable paper work for my new job. On the way I stopped in the bathroom. Hospitals are the best place for that sort of thing because unless something terrible happened the moment before you walked through the door, they are generally clean.

Anyway, filled out the paper work and then headed to Employee Health to get my TB test and drug screening. Damn. Shouldn't have gone to the bathroom. After three tries I was finally able to um...produce. bleh. While we waited I went ahead and got my pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine, they were, after all, free. I have to go back on Thursday for them to look at my TB arm and then the next Tuesday to get it tested all over again. Hopefully by then I will already be working and it'll just be a short trip down the hall. I have no idea when I'll actually start, but my last day at my current job is Thursday...so hopefully Monday. I also don't know how much I'm getting paid. I assume they'll tell me at some point, but right now, no one seems to know so I'm not the only one in the dark.

I have to go to bed now. My whooping cough arm really hurts.

Just an added note, I have never seen anything that color in a syringe before. Are any IV drugs neon blue? Must be Kool-Aid.

5 comments:

Zap said...

Hey,
Thanks for dropping by my page...and I see you have me on your "places to go!!" Thanks.

Just looked through your wedding pics...sweet. Having had time to read all your regular posts will come back to see how the job is going.

I'll be interested to know if the nurses you run into are grouchy with the public like they are here in Toronto.

Zap

Zap said...

Uhh, that's HAVEN'T HAD TIME TO READ ALL YOUR REGULAR POSTS....

Amanda said...

neon blue?! what a crazy color to be putting in you! haha... yuck. I am not a fan of shots...

Terroni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terroni said...

Blue...huh?
I don't know what it is, but it can't be good.