Found!

Justin found his wallet. It was on top of the lockers at work. We think someone there found it and instead of turning it into a supervisor they stuck it up there thinking it would be safe and that he was one of the few people tall enough to see up there. Which he did. Everything is untouched which is great, but even greater, the bank issued us a new debit card no questions asked. Rah!

In weight loss news, I haven't been on the scale during a well...during an accurate time of the month so I'm not sure if I've lost any more (it says 1 pound so maybe), however I have these new big dents in the tops of my thighs which make my legs look skinny but my hips look bigger by comparison. I don't like this random spot weight loss....Oh well at least something is happening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think someone nicely put it up there thinking it would be safe I think they threw it up there when they realized it didn't have any money in it...

Matt said...

Hi Susanlee,

I just stumbled upon your blog and though I haven't really read much, the thing that really caught my eye was the quote in your title header.

I really like that quote because I study things like attraction and social dynamics. I think that the concept of beauty in society is often misunderstood. As more and more woman strive for what they perceive as beauty, what they are really doing is moving towards sameness which is different than beauty. The real beauty lies in the uniqueness of an individual.

This kind of reminds me of the book, "The Red Queen" by Matt Ridley. There are some interesting things in it regarding the evolutionary arms race in how males and females in a species adapt to attract each other. Of course, the most successful species are the ones who are able to breed many different traits into the species. Essentially, they are attracted to the various flaws of their gender counterparts.

It's certainly an interesting topic to think about and I could probably go on and on all day about it but this comment is already waaayy to long.

In short, your blog made me think, which is good:) Just curious if you've actually written any posts on this subject? Sorry, I don't have enough time to read back into the archives.

-Matt Savage