Whisper

I don't really have much to say, which is good as I have laryngitis. I figured I'd better post something even though my readership is steadily declining. Yesterday Justin and I got our flu shots. I had had a cold for the past few weeks as I mentioned in a previous post, but I thought that I was just about over it. They told us (not verbally, on their handy questionaire) that if we were sick we shouldn't take the shot. First off I tend to believe that's hooey, everyone knows that you don't get the flu from the shot these days...and Secondly I didn't think that I was still sick...

Apparently, you don't get the flu, but it bangs around your immune system enough preparing all those flu antibodies that you're susceptible to all sorts of other lovely diseases. And if you already have one of those lovely diseases (as in my case) the shot gives it room to just take on over. Gross.
I'm supposed to go to my aunt's house today and clean and perhaps go to Lubbock for some shopping...I'm still going to go but it's gonna be way less fun if I have to whisper and cough the whole time.

2 comments:

PEG said...

Your readership hasn't completely gone away, sweetie. I'm still here, and I still read every post that comes up. Tragically, though, I just don't seem to have that much to say.

I hope you get to feeling better real soon; I know how bad it is when you feel yucky.

Annabel said...

I'm still reading too... keep writing for those of us that do read. Do you want to judge Dec. 8-9 in Lubbock?