Oh Look! An Actual Post...Sort Of.

In an effort to get healthy, get out of the house, and perhaps lose some weight, I agreed to go walking with my aunt in the evenings at 7 o'clock or so and have managed to do it exactly once before injuring myself. I sort of tripped down a curb and ran into a fire hydrant yesterday evening on our way to the post office. I know that sounds like minimal damage, and it really should have been...I didn't even hit the ground but it sort of...I don't know exactly, squeezed my knee. So, now I have a massive purple bruise (about 2.5 inches in a circle) next to my kneecap. I think it continues down under my kneecap too because it hurts to walk, and if I move in the wrong way, it sends little pain waves up into my thigh and down to my ankle. And it's swollen and really really ugly. So, I'm taking a break from the dangerous art of walking today to let my knee rest and then we'll try again tomorrow. I would take a picture of it, but it's really gross, so I'll spare you the drama.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

minimal? oh no that sound like it could have been worse. And it sound like it was bad! I have learn falling on the ground usually isn't so bad, it's the other things! But this might be because I am short, if I am wearing heels I do that ankle thing! I used to be good in heels but now that I have a baby I am afraid to look like Britney Spears almost dropping my baby! I so simpathiz(sp) with her on that!
I hope your knee get better soon, altrenate hot and cold packs. And go see the doctor if it doesn't start feeling better very soon!