Making Some Changes

Thanks to those of you who commented positively on my last depression post. I'm still really struggling with this but have decided to take baby steps to try and feel better. I'm going to give myself 3 months, (one quarter of a year) to get back to my old self and then if there is no change before Thanksgiving I'm going to see a doctor.

So, the first step is to be awake more during the day. For the past couple of weeks I've been coming home from work, and staying up until about 2pm, and then sleeping until it's time to get ready for work, it's just not working for me. I remember that I felt slightly better when I was splitting my sleeping time between early morning and late afternoon, so now I'm going to try to get to bed as soon as I get home about 9:30am, let myself sleep for maybe 4 hours and then get up for awhile. I can then head back to bed and take a nap at about 6pm to get my 8 hours in. I'm also going to try to start getting up early enough to put on a little make up before I head to work. I've never been a real fan of makeup, and never really needed it, but I feel like my skin tone has gotten a little splotchy, besides I need to make more of an effort on how I look and I'm not up to getting up early enough to wash and blowdry my hair every day like I used to yet. That may be the next step...

In other news, I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I woke up with my arms hurting, well last week both of them hurt for a couple of days, enough that I took some pain medication, {which I never do}. I blamed it on trying to scratch the hard to reach part of my back while laying in bed...I end up with my arm all bent backwards and resting my full weight on it which I thought was maybe stretching out the tendons and stuff...but today it's hurting again, so I'm going to go with the theory that it's a repetative stress injury from sleeping with my shoulder joint all stretched out and flattened under my head and pillows. I'm going to try to sleep differently for a couple of days and see what happens.

So...that's the update.

1 comment:

Summer said...

It's good that you've set a goal to feel better. But, if you feel worse, please don't wait. There could be some other things going on that need to be addressed. Do you work 11a to 7p? Could you change your hours? Working nights is very difficult for us humans that aren't nocturnal, like our cats. It can depress you terribly. I'm sending you good wishes.