Mothers.

So, Justin gave in and called his mom last night. It was Mother's day after all. He told her that he is sorry for yelling at her and for telling her to shut up, but that he felt like she wasn't listening to what he has to say, and in all fairness the people on their end started shouting first. He told her that he wants them to come to the wedding and that he loves her and happy Mother's day. What a good son...

And then she:

Told him that he wasn't her son anymore and that she didn't know who he was and how she wanted to buy a grooms cake for him and how awful for her that she didn't get to do that. (It's important to Patsie that things center around her, hence the drama to being with.) And she still doesn't know if they are coming to the wedding or not and cried and made a scene and just refused to act like an adult.

{Editor's comment: Justin says his mom was speaking more in past tense, so apparently he wasn't her son anymore but he is now, perhaps. (?) }

Well, some of us have seating arrangements to consider and need to know if they are coming or not. Grr.

My family isn't exactly a shining star right now either. My step-mother is in an incredibly foul mood, and keeps making slightly veiled snarky comments. Last night it was "people are going to get short tempered and blow up at each other, but it's going to be fine." And I was like (in my head) "excuse me?" And then later during the part of the evening where procreation pressure starts to build, we were talking about birth control, (because I am NOT getting pregnant any time soon) and I told them that I had been on Depo Provera for a while once-upon-a-time but that it made me crazy and she said "Well what are you on now that's making you crazy?" God that's rude. There is nothing I hate more in the world than having my sanity questioned. I wanted to scream (but didn't, see, I'm in full control) "You know what's making me crazy?? All the people causing drama around this wedding!!"

My mother is also stirring up trouble. She's insulted that when my dad gives me away he's saying "her family and I," instead of "her mother and I." Well that's just too bad, it took more than two people to raise me, and it certainly has taken more than that to throw this wedding together in 2 months. She says that it's not fair that he gets to say "I" and that she gets lumped in with everyone else. (Hello, are we in kindergarten? I've never felt this kind of pressure to make sure everyone feels included.) We are considering "her loving family (period)" as a compromise.

I just really hope everyone behaves themselves on Friday and Saturday.

The worst part (so far) : Justin and I aren't getting to leave town and run away from it all afterwards.

*sigh*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

To bad you can't slip thenm all some valluum(sp).