Please Welcome...

Erika Grace Burleson


July 8, 2009
9:28 am
Officially: 7lbs, even.
Really: 6lbs 15.8 ounces.
20.5 inches long.

Go on, I'll wait while you acknowledge how beautiful she is.

Done? Okay. I had the unique and remarkable honor of witnessing her birth, via cesarean section on Wednesday. It was the most amazing (and scary) thing I have ever seen, so amazing in fact, that I'm going to OR tech school so that I can see as many c-sections as possible. But this isn't about me.

My sister, D'Liesa, was amazing. Watching her get her epidural was one of the most agonizing things I have ever witnessed, (it wasn't as quick and easy as usual, I think) and the things that are involved in getting a baby out? Yeah, very effective birth control. D'Liesa was totally tough, and the payoff, obviously, was worth it.

We'll be calling her Gracie.

2 comments:

James said...

One of the best moments of my life for sure. Thanks for being a part of it all. Love the pics.

Terroni said...

Well now, isn't she just perfect...