Recognized.

I was recognized by a student tonight at the grocery store. She was very friendly and asked when I was scheduled to sub again. When I told her that I'd be there on Monday and the teacher that I was there for, she was very excited. *grin* It's nice to have a job that I'm a) good at and b) appreciated for. (Even if they do only like me because I let the high school students get away with a lot.) In any case, I was glad that the student, who is one of the "cool girls," wasn't a witness to me crashing my basket into the end of an aisle about 10 minutes before.

4 comments:

Terroni said...

It's good to hear that the job is going well. For a second there, though, I thought you were going to say that she caught you buying beer.

(Your new layout is lovely!)

Susanlee said...

Thanks! I'm glad you think it's pretty. No, we live in a little "dry" town, so we have to drive all the way out of the city limits to buy beer. *frown* So inconvenient.

Amanda said...

I love the blog look! aww... Susan! Maybe you should think about being a full time teacher!

Terroni said...

If you're going to teach full time, I think it's important that you live in a town that sells alcohol.