W.

We saw W. last night. It was good, and since y'know, it's a biopic, there were no real surprises in the script itself. What did surprise me, was that I walked away feeling incredibly sorry for George W. Bush, which isn't what I expected to feel at all. I've always known, that he was in over his head, but it never occurred to me how overwhelming that must feel to him. How awful it must feel to be going down in history as a terrible president.

In the past couple of weeks, I've been very sensitive about...well everything really. I've been very emotional about babies and people who are being wronged and people who are in need. And now, I'm feeling sorry for George W. Bush. I think my new birth control may be a bit too high dose.

The movie, although many of the characters were poorly cast, did have an exceptional soundtrack. I will have Willie Nelson in my head for the next 3 days, at least.




4 comments:

Amanda said...

I didn't even know that was out yet! geez... I need to get out there more often!

so... is it worth spending full price? or should I wait until it goes to the dollar theaters? :)

Unknown said...

Birth control can make you crazy. I finally figured out that it was causing me to be, well, crazy. Weird!

Susanlee said...

Amanda: It was okay. I'd wait for the dollar theater though, given the option. There are better movies out there right now. See The Boy in the Striped Pajamas instead.

Whitney: Yes, this new pill is a total nightmare. I switched from my Nuva-ring because my insurance didn't cover it, but it hardly seems worth the trouble now!

Terroni said...

hmm...it would take an awful lot for me to feel sorry for the guy (you know, because his ignorant arrogance has gotten so many people maimed and killed), but i'll rent this when it comes out and let you know.