Down to One

So, Justin's bathroom has been giving us problems, basically since the moment we moved in, we've called the landlord, they've made some (what turned out to be temporary) repairs but nothing has every really fixed the problem, which is that the floor under the bathtub/toilet has basically rotted out underneath the tile. (It's a kind of old house.) So today, finally, an actual plumber came! And he knew what to do about the problem! Unfortunately, the thing to do, it seems, is to not use that bathroom for ANYTHING for about a week, while the swamp that has developed under our house dries out. Then we have to stay out of the bathroom for an undisclosed period of time, until they install a new floor and pipes or...something.

We do have two bathrooms, so it's not really the end of the world. (Especially considering that I grew up in a household with 2 adults, 5 teenagers and 1 tiny bathroom.) The bad news is that the shower in my bathroom is teeny. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage to shave my legs, or any of the other shower-y stuff that I like to do. I'm actually not sure that Justin can even turn around in my shower...it's basically a wet coffin. Ew. And also, I'm currently using the shower for storage, so I'm going to have to find a new place for my suitcases. But oh well, when it's all said and done we'll have a totally non-scary bathroom, with a new floor. Yay!



PS: I just watched Marlowe snatch a fly out of the air. Impressive, no?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yea for a new bathroom! The hassle will be worth it in the end...even more so if it happens quickly. :)
It's tough to share a bathroom with a boy, they're just gross. lol Well, they're not all that bad but it would be a wonderful luxury to have my own...or to kick Brian out and send him to the guest bath! Ha! Ha! :)