Be It Ever So Humble

I'm home. California was great, my friends were great and I had really good time, but it's also really nice to be home. I missed Marlowe and Maybe. I missed my family, and I missed Justin more than I've ever missed him before. So yeah, it's nice to be back.

The bad news is, that it's cold! I have a huge pile of blankets on my bed and a blanket on the sofa and the heater is on (but not very high) and I'm still freezing. The main problem is my bathroom, where there is no heating vent, and so it's very, very cold in there. Not exactly what one looks for in a room where they're regularly naked. But whatever. The chilly weather gives me an excuse to wear my new black peacoat and the hat that I stalked for a week on Etsy before Justin bought it for me. I am totally addicted to Etsy.

Today I went to Holiday Happening with my aunt, which is basically a huge "getting ready for Christmas" event, with all sorts of vendors. My dad was playing Santa Claus (he's amazing, it's really like his calling or something) and it was the first time I've seen him since I got home so they locked the children out for a minute while I hugged him and then the photographer took my picture with Santa/Dad. I'll post it when I get it. I'm really tired and probably going to bed soon, but I wanted to post an update so that you'd know I didn't get lost on a layover or miss my plane or any other terrible thing.



PS: I don't think I posted enough pictures from my trip, so here's me with a giant turtle in Chinatown.

And here's the big heart sculpture in Union Square that I love, LOVE.

1 comment:

Terroni said...

I'm glad to hear you got back safely.