Thank You Dorothy Parker

Inscription for the Ceiling of a Bedroom

Daily dawns another day;
I must up to make my way.
Though I dress and drink and eat,
Move my fingers and my feet,
Learn a little here and there,

Weep and laugh and sweat and swear,

Hear a song or watch a stage,

Leave some words upon a page,

Claim a foe or hail a friend--

Bed awaits me at the end.


Though I go in pride and strength,
I'll come back to bed at length.
Though I walk in blinded woe,
Back to bed I'm bound to go.
High my heart or bowed my head,
All my days but lead to bed.
Up, and out and on;
and then
Ever back to bed again.
Summer, Winter Spring and Fall-

I'm a fool to rise at all!


Sweet dreams everybody...Or have a nice day, whichever direction you're going...

3 comments:

Amanda said...

(smile) i love my bed!

Terroni said...

You a Sarah Nielson fan by chance?

:)

Susanlee said...

Why yes, as a matter of fact I am. *grin*