Things that make me feel old.
1. I've become really offended by teenage boy hair. How is it possible that they are all born with wavy, big, hair that they choose to grow long(ish) and then top with a hat? I always think it makes them look like bozo the clown or something...hair puffing out all around the sides. Ugh. When I was in high school, there were boys with long hair, but it wasn't all big like this....Yes, I know I just sounded like someone's grandmother saying "in my day..."
2. I love NPR. Except here, here it's only classical music, all the time and hardly any talk. I'm not old enough yet to want to listen to symphonies for 14 hours a day...yet.
3. I want everyone in whatever house I happen to be at, to be in bed at the same time.
4. Every room in my house has curtains.
5. Television shows that I watched the first time around,like The Cosby Show, are now on Nick at Nite. I find myself saying things like :"why are all these new programs (yes programs!! gah!!) on this channel? What happened to I Love Lucy?"
6. I keep an afghan over my legs when I watch TV on the sofa.
7. Yesterday, it was 60 degrees and I had the heater on. (And the afghan over my legs, if you were wondering.)
8. I don't know what songs are cool...or what radio station to find the cool songs on, or how to download music onto my mp3 player.
9. I believe that they should raise the driving age to 18, and go to a year round school schedule. (I just lost Amanda, hehe)
10. I have no idea who half of the people in the tabloids are. Fine. More than half.
Anyone else starting to feel like a grown up? And not in the "can buy my own alcohol" kind of way?