I Got It!

The job that is. Yes, it's been quite the busy week. On Thursday I had an interview at the hospital for a job to be different than what I thought it was. The people didn't seem to like me and I was totally not interested in the job so I figured it was mutual and that I'd never hear from them again. While I was at the hospital, I went and turned my application in directly to the supervisor of the department that I wanted to work in and she was quite impressed. She set me up for an interview on the spot for the next day. Then the supervisor at the cancer center where I thought I might want to work called me and set up an interview for Tuesday (today). My cup runneth over.

Thursday night the people whose job I didn't want called and offered it to me. Apparently they liked me after all. Huh.

Friday I went to interview in the department that I liked and it was *terrific* the best interview I've ever had. One member of the panel hugged me. They told me to wait in the lobby while they talked about me and then a few minutes later they came and told me that they wanted to hire me but had to clear it with the management people and that they would call me.

It was a Friday so of course all the management types went home at noon. I had to wait out the weekend, as you saw, in my previous post. Yesterday they called and offered me the job Yaaay!!! I wanted it so bad. The people there are so great and I really feel like I fit in there and will be happy. I haven't felt like that since I moved away from Canyon 3 years ago. The job is in the admissions office and there are only about 10 people working there so its cozy and they bring a lot of food for impromptu parties. My kinda place, plus they like me...like a lot. Clearly they think I'm much cooler than I actually am.

So, today I had to go to the interview set up last week because even though I got the job I wanted, its good to make connections in as many places as you can. My little (excuse me, younger) brother works at the cancer center and I thought that if I liked the job and liked the people that it would save some gas to work over there. It was not the job that I applied for, and I did not like the people. That made my decision much easier. Not that they've offered me the job yet, but they will.

Anyway I'm really happy and excited and I get to buy some fancy black scrubs.

Justin and I are going to attempt to take some pictures with fireworks tonight so everyone hope that we don't set ourselves on fire.

2 comments:

Annabel said...

Yay! I'm happy for you. Good luck on the fireworks pictures. Make sure you leave the flash off. It often doesn't make sense when it's dark, but generally the flash will make the pictures darker at night especially at a distance. Just play with the settings on your camera. Sometimes they have a night setting that you can use as well.

Terroni said...

Congratulations! I knew you were going to get it...I had a feeling. (That's what people always say, huh?)

And don't set yourselves on fire!