Brown Dress

Alex Martin made a little brown dress on July 7th 2005 and wore it every day for a year. (It officially came off on Friday.) She threw snowballs in it (wearing additional clothing layers in cold weather for health & safety), gardend in it, rehearsed in it, traveled in it, danced in it (shes a dancer), cooked in it, pruned her pear trees in it, reclined in it, sang her baby to sleep in it. All in a little brown dress... a one person protest against fashion.

Now, we all know this isn't my personal idea of fun, and I think there are much more important things to protest, but it's totally worth checking out...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is a great idea. I get so tired with magazines going on about the latest trends etc. And it changes all of the time some I am suppose to go out and pay someone to tell me what to wear???
I have stopped reading fashion magazines...this is one of the reasons. I just have more important things to spend my money on than a new skirt because my old skirt is too long or too blue. Silliness!