25


Today's my birthday. I skipped out on my early morning shift at work because well...who wants to work 10 hours on their birthday? Going in at 3, unless someone picks it up from me...and maybe not then. So now, I'm hangin' out, watchin' some Oprah and witnessing the ingestion of a silk leaf by a small dog.

Maybe is still limping around on 3 legs from her spectacular dive off the couch a couple of days ago, but I'm sure she'll be fine. Perhaps it will even help to strengthen her "little" left leg which is the one she hurt last time. She had been hesitant to put any weight on it, but now, as she has no choice, she's hopping right along. The experiences that I have with Maybe lead me to believe that perhaps I should never be allowed to have children. I mean, what happens when my toddler leaps off the back of the sofa? *shudder*

Every year for my birthday my mom feels that it's vitally important that she call me while I'm sleeping and wish me happy birthday. I don't understand this. If I had been say...born at 3am and tortured her for 45 hours on the day that I was actually born it would be one thing, this would just be 25 years of little revenge. However, I came into the world at 2 in the afternoon during a scheduled C-Section, which I feel was very polite. Oh well, as she is the only one of my parents who ever remembers to say happy birthday on the actual day, I can't gripe too much.


Wedding Update: My storage closet is slowly filling up with 15 huge silk plants. In spite of the fact that it's only getting closer, as each day passes it feels less real. Perhaps it's because I don't have bridesmaids...

No comments: