Tra La La in the Land of Nod

Justin and I don't generally sleep in the same bed...or the same room. This antiquated arrangement came about because Justin's a snorer (sp? actual word?) and I like to sleep diagonally in the bed...you know, just to make sure I'm getting *all* the benefits of my queen size mattress. At some point, we may upgrade to the I Love Lucy/Dick Van Dyke show plan with two beds in the same room. If we find a house with a big enough bedroom. But for now, it's seperate sleeping spaces. Because of this, I'm not always aware of Justin's sleep quirks. However, last night I felt like I wanted a little cuddle time so we decided to try the shared bed arrangement and I got to experience Justin's sleep routine. It seems that as he's drifting off to dreamland he sings a little tune. I don't even know if he knows that he does it...but it's the same one each time. (I know because I woke him up twice...) In any case, eventually we got hot and once again went our seperate ways. *sigh* Is this seperate sleeping going to cause trouble in our relationship? Is it going to traumatize our children the first time they go to a slumber party and see that little Katies parents sleep in the same room...in the same bed*gasp*!? Maybe we'll expose him/her to a lot of I Love Lucy...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Patrick snores too. I hold his nose until it stops. Sleeping in seperate beds has to be healthier for the relationship than virtual smothering! My Grandparents sleep in different rooms because my granfather's snoring is so bad you can hear it thru the walls! They are celabrating 60 years!