Tagged!

Annabel tagged me, so first things firs. Then a general update!

1. Total number of books I own: A lot. I haven't bothered to count, and some of them went to recycled books kind of recently. I've stopped buying so many since there's a good library here.

2. The last book I bought: A New Lu. To get some perspective. Upon hearing that I want to wait til I'm 30 to have a baby, the girls at work were horrified. The book's about a newly divorced woman who gets pregnant at 50.

3. The last book I read: I'm reading a book called Elegance right now. It's a re-read, about a woman using a self help book to find her inner elegance.

4. Five books that mean a lot to me: A scrap book that my Aunt Eva Pearl made for me of all the things that happened the year I was born. January-December. It's really sweet and give me a lot of insight into what was going on in my family before I got here, and shortly after. It makes me feel loved.

The Giver by Lois Lowry. It's one of my very favorite books. A children's book, but still very moving.

Blackbird House by Alice Hoffman. It's just fiction, almost written like short stories, about the generations of people who live in a house...but it's very powerful and beautifl. Actually, everything by Alice Hoffman is like that.

The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho. No one picks this book out themselves. It's always recomended to them by someone else. And the reader always loves it. I have the English and Spanish versions. Perhaps I'll learn Spanish from The Alchemist.

The Undomestic Goddess, by Sophie Kinsella. This book isn't available for purchase until July 19. However, I am waiting with bated breath for it, so it's important.

5. I tag Justin, and Tiffany. I think they're the only people who read my blog that haven't been tagged...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think thirty is old. I always wanted to wait until I am thirty...Oh! Wait I am there! I'd better get get to working on that!

Brinkley said...

Uh oh, look out Patrick :)