General Rantings.

Well, it's finally spring, or...Pretending to be spring for the time being. This is my favorite season. It's warm and pretty and all my favorite flowers start to peek through. Tulips, daffodils and irises will be everywhere in just a few weeks. I wish I could keep plants alive for more than a few days at a time. The bamboo on my desk is doing okay, and I seem to have nursed the little cactus that Sybil tried to neglect into oblivion back to health, but it's only a matter of time...

I hate Wednesdays. It's this middle of the week that makes me tired and rundown. Monday and Tuesday are the beginning, full of possibilities, Thursday and Friday are practically the weekend, but Wednesday. It's almost pointless to get out of bed. I think that American society should definitely go to a four day work week.

I am excited about this weekend thought, Monday will be Justin's birthday, so we're celebrating over the weekend, with dinner at Outback Steakhouse (they have the best hamburger *ever*). We're also going to see "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum" at the Campus Theatre. I'm *very* excited about the play, as it's one of my favorites. I wish they'd make a new movie version. I know that one already exists, and it's okay, but it's in that terrible technicolor where everything kind of looks orange, and I can hardly stand to watch it.

Justin called his mom on Sunday night to thank her for the valentine stuff that she sent us and she was a total cow to him, because apparently his uncle paid off his truck for him, after receiving a couple of late notices. (Justin had already worked out a payment plan with the bank, but Uncle Calvin didn't know that.) She (Patsy) said that Calvin had gotten repossession notices and that he paid it, but if Justin didn't get him $1800 right away he'd come take his truck. (She also yelled at him about a whole lot of other crap, drama queen that she is, but I won't go into it) So, Justin called his uncle yesterday afternoon, and he was completely cool about it. He said that he a) had NOT gotten repossession notices about the truck, and b) that he had just been in a position to pay for it, so he did, and that Justin could pay him back as he got the extra money. Hm. Little indicrepency isn't there?

It makes me so mad that Justin's mom freaks out and yells and lies to him to upset him. I guess that's why she's doing it. I can't think of any other reason. My parent's never behave like that. I think that she just wants him to feel like such a failure here, and in his life that he has to move back home and be with her. Well that's just too bad. She has to let her kids grow up and have their own lives or there's going to be some serious repercussion, and she's going to lose them. Where would she be then huh? So, once again, Justin's going to try and ignore her for awhile 'til she gets off whatever tear she's on. *Sigh.*

It's nice to have parents that are grown ups.



PS: I think I've broken the little toe on my left foot. It's okay though, 'cause now I have TV in my room! Ah, the price of entertainment. *smirk*

No comments: