A White Christmas Disaster?

The original plan for Christmas was for Justin and me to drive to Amarillo on the 22nd, hang out and have Christmas there and then head to Levelland the afternoon of the 24th to have Christmas with my family. This was the plan because Justin's parents said they didn't care when we came for Christmas there, and because my dad has obligations on the 23rd and 24th. Also, my mom's not going to be in town til Christmas day, and she's having it the 26th before we come home.

All was well and good until Justin's mom called tonight. When he told her the final plans she freaked out and said that wasn't good for her, and that she'd already made all these plans for the 24th and 25th. (Without telling us, I might add.) She gave him a total guilt trip about his grandmother "not going to be with us much longer...etc." (I have to tell you, at Thanksgiving, his grandmother looked pretty spry to me.) She also told him that we might as well not come.

Later, his dad called back, and Justin told him that we could come at New Years and spend the whole long weekend with them, if they wanted, but she said that that was no good either. It's just so frustrating. They told us at Thanksgiving that they didn't care what day we came and that it wasn't important etc, and now they pull this since we have definitave plans. *sigh* I don't know what to do. I don't want Justin to resent me if we see my family and not his, but I don't want to miss out on seeing my family either. And, I know Justin's family is going to be angry with me for "taking him away" at the holidays.

Next year we're going to do Thanksgiving with my family and Christmas with his, maybe catch up with my parents over New Years. There's just no other way to do it I guess.

I think tomorrow I'm getting a new car, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high yet. Just looking is going to be my MO. It would be really cool to drive up to my parents in a new car though, not to mention how much cheaper it'll be, in terms of gasoline.

Still frustrated, but feeling a little better since I've put it on paper...er...screen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christmas is going to be fantastic, as long as I'm with you, I'm happy. Don't worry about my family, they'll get over it.